Sunday, February 19, 2012

Strafe Outerwear - Sickbird Oney - Product Review

John & Peter at the Strafe Headquarters



John & Peter Gaston have been turning heads with their new outerwear all season. From ski base jumps to freeride comps, this brand is taking over the industry. We have seen many athletes rocking the "ski tracks" all season in the videos, competitions, and mountain towns all over the US. We were blessed to get our hands on a "SickBird Oney" (available in Fire, Chlorine, and Stealth) this past week. The team was stoked to get out into the snow with the Strafe brand. We had three people in the suit this week for a combined 5,000 vert uphill, 7,500 vert downhill, and 3 hours on a sled. This suit is like Teflon for the back country. We would know....we live in the back country. 

The Sickbird is ready when you are!!!

 (Back Country Mtn Man/Rasta/CEO of Grimey Gatsby/Freeskier/Green Activist) wrote: 
"This suit not only made the wind a 'non-issue' but it has enough flex and warmth for a 3 hour uphill with just base layers underneath. The waterproofing is like a submarine and the TPC (total pocket count) is right up my alley as a back country kid. I have been in some pretty bad situations and I'm sure if I had Strafe on...it would have helped with the cold, wind, and storage." 


Strafe Athlete with a ski base jump image......GNARLY!!!


Nathan Ratledge
 (Director of CORE/climber/back country enthusiast/mtn man) said:
"For a person my size (6'3"), I look for flex, storage, and functionality. The flex is truly awesome. I walked uphill with no drag, snags, or 'red flags.' I enjoy the pockets and storage but for my large hand it could be a bit bigger ("NOW YOU CAN FIT A DEAD FISH INTO EACH POCKET" --- that statement came right out of Peter Gaston's mouth). Overall I am satisfied with Strafe and I think it's time to get out of this Patagucci and into some real stuff"


POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWstrafePOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW


Josh Tankersly 
(Yogi/Nutrionalist/Climber/Back Country Enthusiast) said:
"It's like, the best jacket and pants I have ever bought for the crazy stuff I like to do. It works....it's that simple. It's waterproof, windproof, sealed, big, and functional. After years traveling all over trying products out, Strafe is the best thing I have used in the past season. Every time I strap on skins....I strap on Strafe."

Strafe Outerwear

TECH FEATURES:
Helmet compatible hood with 3-point adjustment
17” pit vents
Mesh skin pockets
Media Pocket with wire routing
Wrist gaiters
Articulated storm cuffs
Waist adjustment
16” thigh vents
Boot gaiters
Superfabric® instep and heel reinforcement
Flare zips
Cuff adjustment for hiking and skinning

MATERIALS
Gelanots® Softshell 3L fabric
4-way stretch hybrid Softshell fabric with 20,000mm waterproofing and 25,000mm breathability, and a Super DWR water-repellant coating.
YKK Aquaguard® Zippers
Polyurethane coated to keep wind and water out, and your valuables safe and dry.
Superfabric® Instep and Heel Guard
Heavy-duty reinforcement for maximum protection against ski edges and pant-drag.

CONSTRUCTION
Fully taped seams
17 stitches per inch

No comments:

Post a Comment