Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cindy Vela - actress, model, musician, Gatsby


Hunt was in Beverly Hills for an art show, meetings with our clients, and "enjoying the horchata" as he likes to say when we met Cindy Vela - actress, model, musician, and a very well polished Gatsby. 

Cindy has been making moves all over "tinsel town" with her acting and modeling. She has a great stage presence and has been in a few things you've already seen. She has graced the pages on Maxim, attended the University of Texas on a music scholarship, and has already died in a viral YouTube video (millions of hits to be exact ;). Cindy is "what's next."  We have our eye on the winter for this vixen of Hollywood and would encourage you to do the same. Her fashion is exquisite and her taste for adventure is second to none.....This bombshell knows how to keep it Gatsby!!

Her interview is below and you should take a second to follow, like, and meet Cindy...






How did you start out playing the saxophone?
I remember it was the end of my 5th grade year and thought about joining the middle school band program. I wanted to play the flute or clarinet but my father handed me an alto saxophone that had once belonged to my cousin. I loved it and played as much as I could. 

What's your favorite Texas home cooked meal?
There are so many foods and dishes that I love: freshly made tortillas, carne guisada, arroz con pollo, pan dulce. Great, GG team, now I'm hungry.

Favorite Jazz musician?
So many musicians come to mind: Parker, Marsalis, Davis, Armstrong, Coltrane. And then you have cats in Latin jazz: Arturo Sandoval, Tito Puente, Chico O'Farrill, Pancho Sanchez. As a saxophonist, something about Red Prysock just makes me move my head and tap my feet. Check 'Purpail Wail' and 'Head Snappin' off the album Swingsation. 
And let me go on a tangent for a moment to thank folk music artists for making a horn section 'cool' to a younger generation.

When did you land in LA?
I moved to LA on a bright day in August around 6 years ago.  It was my first time moving away from home and I felt nervous, excited and passionate.  I am thankful for every moment since moving.. both the good and the bad.

Things you love about LA?
The weather, being able to experience different cultures, all the foods/languages that comes with those cultures and the people I have met here. I've learned so much of myself and others through my working and personal relationships.



Big things that are coming this winter?
Working on new music and going into pre-production on 2 films.

Words of advice for young models?
Keep going. Sometimes I even struggle with that idea.  If I would have thought that I couldn't model, act or play because of my height, weight or age I would have never had the opportunities or successes that I've had.  You won't know unless you try.. and you'll never know if you give up.  

Words of advice for young actresses?
Step 1: Re-read the last answer. Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Can you describe the feeling of millions of people searching about you online after "Exhibit B-5"?
It was surreal to over hear strangers talking about it in public.  It was an acting job but you never know how people will react.  Some people took it for what it was and thought it was great while other people saw it from other sites calling it real and blamed me for it.  I quickly realized that as an actress some people will direct their feelings towards you just for being in a project.  All that said, I am grateful for the opportunity I had in making 'Exhibit B-5' and the experience of going through a strong public reaction to it as it will make me stronger for anything that comes my way.



What can you tell us about your new single "Higher"?
I've decided to wait on releasing 'Higher' as that isn't the direction I want to go.  I've partnered with singer/songwriter Jonathan Clark and I'm excited about the songs we have been creating where we are incorporating my abilities as a saxophonist.  Releasing a single would be wonderful but releasing an album is now an achievable undertaking.

What do you like to cook at home?
Salmon or chicken with a side of BROCCOLI AND AVOCADO!! Yes, the Mistress of Sugar and Sweets has declared her love for broccoli. 

Your favorite fashion brands?
The brand doesn't matter as much as how I feel in what I wear. I mix and match my everyday looks but I have to give credit to all the stylists and designers who have dressed me when I needed it most.

Do you enjoy the mountains or just the beach?
I love them both. Sometimes nature is so beautiful, you just have to sit and stare in awe.




Cindy's list of work:
FILM
DESDEMONA: A LOVE STORY
RESPECT
NUCLEAR FAMILY
POLTERGUYS

SHORT FILM / INTERNET
EXHIBIT B-5
INTO THE VOID
VOYEUR
 
TELEVISION
CAUGHT ON CAMERA:VIRAL VIDEOS
MOST DEADLIEST SHOW 
          
THEATRE
THE WONDERFUL ICE CREAM SUIT role of CELIA
FATHER OF THE BRIDE role of KAY BANKS
LET THE EAGLE FLY role of RITA CHAVEZ
 
PRINT
MODERN SALON MAGAZINE
BIO IONIC CAMPAIGN
KELLOGG’S CEREAL BOX               
O.P.I. – PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN COLLECTION
ALEGRIA MAGAZINE
ORLANDO STYLE MAGAZINE
CONTEMPO MAGAZINE
BOOST MOBILE AD
INTEL AD
WELLS FARGO AD
GELLED MAGAZINE
CYH MAGAZINE
ENCORE APPAREL



No comments:

Post a Comment