Thursday, March 15, 2012

INTERVIEW - Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real


Interview with Grimey Gatsby


Be sure to catch the guys at Belly Up, Aspen on April 8th. Also you can head to their website to hear the title track from "Wasted" their NEW ALBUM!!!!



Lukas Nelson (Singer/Lead Guitar):
How has the last year changed your view on "the road"?
I've loved it for one year longer

When do you do your best writing?
Middle of the night

What is your favorite Venue to play?
Belly Up Aspen/San Diego

What is the your favorite city for food on the road?
New York

Favorite Guitar?
My Two Strats 

Best collaboration in 2011, and 2012?
Getting to Play with BB King and Neil Young

Musical Influences?
Tons

Writing Influences?
Dylan, Dad, Lennon/McCartney, Roger Waters, Neil Young, Grateful Dead

Most Grimey thing done on the road? (one story....)
Unprintable 

Largest audience played in 2012?
Not Counting 

4 musicians you would like to play with (alive or dead)?
Eddie Vedder, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Paul McCartney 

ANTHONY LOGERFO (DRUMMER):
How has the last year changed your view on "the road"?
I'm more grounded and try to enjoy life moment by moment

When do you do your best writing?
When I'm inspired.

What is your favorite Venue to play?
Madison Square Garden - New York 
Red Rocks - Denver

What is the your favorite city for food on the road? 
Manhattan

Favorite Guitar?
I like Rogers drums.

Musical Influences?

Everything

Writing Influences?
Everything

Largest audience played in 2012?
70,000

4 musicians you would like to play with (alive or dead)? 
Bob Marley, Neil Young, Miles Davis, Elvin Jones


Corey McCormick (Bassist):
How has the last year changed your view on "the road"? 
I've been on the road for the past 10 years pretty regularly so it's become just a part of life.

When do you do your best writing?
I personally do my best writing when I'm at home. I can focus on my thoughts a bit clearer with no distractions.

What is your favorite Venue to play?
I generally like the smaller, more intimate venues. But we just played the Walt Disney Hall and I have to say that that was the highlight of my career so far.

What is the your favorite city for food on the road? 
Any city close to the ocean. I love fresh fish. Japan has been the place with the best food I've had any where in the world!

Favorite Guitar?
Well, since I play bass, my 2 favorite basses are my vintage 4 string Musicman and my 5 string Musicman. That was my first electric bass and it's so nice!!!

Best collaboration in 2011, and 2012?
"Wasted" is my debut in the studio with POTR. I'm very excited for the release and for what this year has in store.




No comments:

Post a Comment