Monday, April 9, 2012

INTERVIEW - COULT 45



GG: How has the last year changed your music?
In the last year I have opened for some pretty big legends: Datsik, Zeds Dead, The Killabitz, Joker, SPL, Subvader, Goth Trad, 12th Planet, Jakes, Minnesota, 6-Blocc, DJ Muggs, Finch, J-Rabbit, Reid Speed, Paul Anthony, 16tbit, Mrk1, Netsky, High Contrast, Bare, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor P. -- so my music has benefitted from all of it…I am blessed to be able to do this in a year…

GG: What is your favorite Venue to play?
BURNING MAN is pretty epic but not really a venue – it’s a world unto itself but the best place to drop BASS that I know of -- Red rocks is always a blast..

GG: What/Who got you into the Dubstep movement? 
I've been playing dubstep for over 6 years now….I remember the night I first heard it 7 years ago in my buddies BASSMENT after a D&B show, I was blown away; I was like “WTF IS THIS!!” .. (it was more deep bass "old school dubstep") my buddy said, “It's SKREAM.” I WAS IN LOVE!!! HOOKED to DUB FEVER, 2 weeks later bought my first 6 records and learned how to be a DJ….Coult 45 was born!!!

GG: Favorite Speakers?
LAB horns // FUNCKTION 1's // TURBO sound  

GG: Favorite Food?
MEATLOAF MASHED POTATOES//GRAVY with peas
side of MAC & CHEESE ..  BACONS IS GREAT AS WELL 

GG: Musical Influences?
Datsik, Zeds Dead, SPL, 12th Planet, Flux Pavillion, ((DIVERSE)), JERO 

GG: What city do you want to play most?
ANY WHERE AND EVERY WHERE ....TOKYO sounds fun ..  

GG: Most Grimey thing you've done? (one story....)
PLAYING BURING MAN  - no story will be revealed though...

GG: Largest audience played in 2012?
4500 AUG 2011 flux pavilion doctor p show  

GG: 4 people you would like to play with (alive or dead)?
DAFT PUNK.....  

GG: Why is Denver called "The Capital of Dubstep"?
WE DO WORK BRINGING YOU CONSTANT HOTNESS .. IN THE SUMMER YOU CAN SEE DUBSTEP ALMOST everyday of the week.. 
THE FANS LOVE + WE DJS LOVE IT  == THE CAPITAL OF DUBSTEP.. 
we keep evolving daily weekly yearly  


Upcoming Shows & Festivals?
4/22 GRC/SUB.MISSION PARTY  
4/27 Whomp Truck - Jefferson county School Fundraiser 
5/12 COOKIE MONSTER, ZOMBOY 
5/19 Whomp Truck - 20,000 whomps under the sea 
6-1 Whomp Truck - First Friday 
6/7 APOGAEA 

How to find COULT 45:



Booking for COULT 45:




No comments:

Post a Comment