Monday, September 12, 2011

Josh Tankersley - HEALTH - Bodywork of "Kane" for the Gatsby!!






I met Josh as a senior in high school. I was visiting a University that I later attended. I spent college with Josh as a teammate and friend. I reconnected with him later when he came to San Diego to see what the SoCal life was like......He had just finished playing professional lacrosse at the time. I was working as a club promoter and talent scout in downtown San Diego when I decided to see where on "earth" he had landed. He called me back the same day and we talked about Aspen. Really the only reason I came to Aspen was that Josh got me a job that I could "ski every day and chill all season." It seemed magical from the hustle of downtown meetings, late night at clubs, the year-round sun, and the intense "go-go-go." I enjoy the Yin and Yang of both now but Aspen seemed like some place I should see.

I have been in Aspen for 5 years now and have never once doubted its "chi." Josh has taught me many things over the years. Yoga, Health, Nutrition, Modeling, Relaxation, and most of all humbleness. Josh and I have friends that come and go, from yogis to tattoo artists, and we all embrace the lifestyle and the scene here in Aspen. Josh works on Highlands Mtn and also is an avid outdoors man. "Less Salt & Sugar" is what he laughs at me when I lag behind him on hike up Highlands or Sunnyside trail. When we go shoot at the high school....."Go Raw!! That's why you can shoot like me yet," with a smile and slight giggle. Over the past decade Josh has expanded his knowledge to Body Work....tissue manipulation as I was described yesterday. I have been "hunched" over a computer for the past month with our website, clothing line, events, traveling, daily "to do's", and all other stresses of life. Josh graced me with some "work" yesterday that opened my shoulders and allowed my head to feel "normal" again. Along with some words of knowledge..."You should eat things that are alive...raw. Your alive and raw." I had carrots and some juice for dinner since I was struck to the core. 

"By experiencing 'what's happening now' you will achieve relaxation"
-Josh 

Josh helps out people from Aspen to Carbondale and has been known to have "group meetings" and will travel for "destination work," if necessary. He is very in-tune with his skill and also with other's needs to feel "aligned, centered, based, solid, and comfortable."  He has been steeped in tantric yatha yoga philosophies. He truly believes that through the experience at that present moment you can find relaxation in any form and follow that through your daily routine with yoga, body work, and nutritional guidance. And I have found that it's true. When I am practicing daily, eating right, and getting my body work done for specific needs.....I am unstoppable...much like ski season. Josh has really helped me harness that part of my day, week, month, winter, year.


Contact Josh on Facebook Here
$75 - body work
$100 - in house body work
Contact about "group sessions"
TRAVELING available

Yoga - to bring ease to the body for Meditation!!!!
Daily routine for true enlightenment..

I usually go and see Josh but he does "in-house" visits too. Plus you can schedule with him in advance or for your next trip or visitor. He is professional and charming. He was featured in Aspen Magazine - Aspen Most Wanted just this past summer. I attended the party for the Magazine. It was a huge gala at the base of Ajax mtn. 


How we stay feeling Grimey and Gatsby like Yin and Yang 


1 comment: